Course Overview – Statistics for the Terrified
Our aim is to develop your confidence and competence in receiving, producing, and delivering numerical information within the modern manufacturing workplace. Our experienced professional trainers will deliver expert instruction paired with interactive exercises and practical applications as they guide you through the principles, uses, and applications of various numerical methods which are key to the presentation and understanding of manufacturing and process information.
Competency in numerical manipulation is one of the keys to effectiveness within the modern manufacturing industry, especially when dealing with KPIs (key process indicators). This course will equip you with the knowledge and skills to handle statistical data successfully, boosting your own professional confidence and enhancing your effectiveness in the workplace.
This course will prepare delegates to meet the expectations of competence for the requirements of:
- ISO 9001:2015 (9.1.3 Analysis and Evaluation)
- AS9100D (9.1.3 Analysis and Evaluation)
- IATF 16949 (184.108.40.206 Application of Statistical Concepts)
Statistics for the Terrified also complements the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt methods.
- Building confidence and competence in handling statistical material in the context of the modern manufacturing industry
- Enhancing delegates’ understanding of key mathematical processes and concepts
- Demonstrating and experimenting with different methods of presenting statistical data
- Discovering how to derive meaningful information from statistics
- Learning how to make informed decisions using statistics
- Exploring the application of statistical information within the modern manufacturing workplace
The course is divided into three key parts, and a balanced variety of instruction and hands-on practice is maintained throughout the day:
- Understanding Statistics: Do the Math
- Presenting Statistics: Lines and Squiggles
- Interpreting Statistics: Figuring Out those Figures
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for engineers, technicians, and managers who would like to become more comfortable with using numerical methods to present and understand manufacturing and process information.
It would be our privilege to partner with you in delivering professional training courses tailored to your needs. Take a look at some of the feedback we’ve received on our courses, and please contact us to discuss your requirements.