All ISO standards have ‘Definitions’ as section 3, and ISO 9000:2015 contains over 140 entries within this section.
However, many of the ISO definitions are rather wordy, so here are some abbreviated alternatives:
- Verified: When inspected, did it meet requirements?
- Validated: When tested, did it work?
- Compliance: Meets regulations
- Non-compliance: Failure to meet regulations
- Conformance: Meets requirements
- Non-conformance: Failure to meet requirements
- Procedure: How a process is executed
- Process: The action of transforming inputs into outputs
- Certified: Worthy to receive a certificate
- Accreditation: Worthy of recognition
- Effective: Achievement of intended result
- Efficient: Effective and using the least resources